High Five for Friday, vol. 16: Don't Call it a Comeback
Well, hello there.
I would like you to, for a moment, imagine that scene in 10 Things I Hate About You where Joseph Gordon-Levitt, our shy-guy protagonist, is kissed by Larissa Oleynik, the object of his teenage affections, after a high school party wherein she basically ignored him all night and then realized her mistake, and he displays his exuberance with a hoot and a slap on the steering wheel and an enthusiastic "and I'm BACK in the game!"
I'm just envisioning my return to blogging something along those lines, but maybe it's just me.
But, let's start small, shall we?
This week was full of good, and I'm trying to appreciate more little moments in life, so let's go for a few Highs this week:
- I picked up several new books at the library, simply from browsing through one of the fiction aisles and picking up covers that looked addictive, and the prospect of lively fiction is always cheering. Now I just have to try and avoid late fees this time around.
- I settled a big case on Tuesday, after driving back and forth to court in Stockton at least five times this year. Big sigh of relief there.
- I ordered a lip gloss color online, outside my usual wheelhouse of pinks, without trying it and it arrived today and it looks SO good. It is going to be my new fall color for sure! Have you tried lip gloss in the past few years? It's moved past the sticky, gloppy texture of the early 2000s and I am loving it.
This is probably no surprise, but my low this week is work stress. There's always more to do, there's always more to learn, and even with a good result this week I have 62 other cases to stay on top of. It's a learning process! But I love my job and the people I work with, so it's worth powering through the anxiety. Check in with my again next week when it's the last billing week of the month and I have a trial to get through. Ha. Ha.
1. Did you know the Pumpkin Spice Latte (that bastion of Fall) is coming to Starbucks on August 28 this year? If you don't want the sugar, or are trying to save a few bucks, try this homemade version from Bon Appetit.
2. I wanted to share this post from a few years ago because I'm doing another Spending Fast in September. I'm also listening to my girl Anna's book on Audible on my drives to and from work, which is helping keep the motivation up.
3. I have been trying to make better choices for not only my skincare, but the products I use around the house. These Stasher bags are a super high quality way to replace your ziplocks, and you can put them in the dishwasher to boot!
4. I. Am so. Excited. About. The Hills! Reboot! How do you feel about it?
5. One of the items I am definitely NOT allowed to buy on my Spending Fast but which I desperately want to is this ceramic, lit up Jack-O-Lantern from Pottery Barn. I also really want this Halloweentown tee (size L, if anyone is so inclined to help me cheat my Spending Fast!)
It's good to be back, y'all. So...what have you been up to?